Where do I begin? So much has happened between my last post in January 2014 and now. I don’t think I even had time to properly reflect on the last year or make resolutions or set vague aims for this year.
One thing at a time.
2014 definitely had highs and lows.
- Baby girl Sophie! Born June 5, 2014. She was a pretty good size, like her brother. Unlike her brother, however, she is a pretty good sleeper and quite a chill pill.
- Baby boy Luke! Born October 22, 2014. Not mine! My sister’s. He’s such a darling with his round little face and big eyes. Slightly smaller than my babies, he has since caught up and continues to grow very quickly!
- Work got a bit busy, and I have some kind of vision of what I want to do in the next few years.
- Lots of visitors from back home (Singapore) came by: my friends Ying and Gwyneth, Tian and Guy, my aunt Serene, my parents, my aunt Mee, Ying again,…
- Got to know church friends better.
- My homegroup and just how much more I’ve learned about the bible.
- Benji more settled in to childcare and forming some pretty nice friendships there.
- We moved to a pretty lovely house, and have the most amazing neighbours who happen to also have kids the same ages as ours!
- Spent Christmas with the family in Singapore. So lovely.
- Mom’s health. Was pretty scary but it got better shortly after. So thankful.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding related troubles. Visited the Physio so many times for pelvic girdle pain, and mastitis…so thankful it’s the new year as I maxed out my benefits pretty quickly last year!
All in all, it was a good year. Also the year I realized just how crucial a good support network is when you don’t have family around, to help out with the kids. When I was dealing with pregnancy related pain and morning sickness, I was so grateful for my homegroup friends who prayed for me and offered to help look after the kids or make meals. Also realized just how many amazing people have been put in my life.
2014 went by way too quickly.
2015. We had a slow start. But now I am ready.