- 1) Keep sticking your head in the fridge/freezer
- 2) Splash water on body every hour
- 3) Sit infront of a big cooler fan
- 4) Have a glass of ice water
- 5) Hide in the room with blinds and curtains shut
- 6) Stay away from the laptop that emits heat
- 7) DO NOT leave the apartment and if you really need to, slap a ton of sunblock, wear a big hat, sunglasses, and a cool, long-sleeve top
- 8) Oh, and cover the legs too — very important because the heat radiating from the ground, from experience, is literally painful to bare the legs.
This heatwave is supposed to go on for just a few more days. The simple solution to half the problems would be to get a portable air conditioner BUT we’re too much of a scrooge to pay to be comfortable for the rest of the week. Whew.
AND I can’t believe people are battling out for a grand slam in this weather; it just sounds inhumane. I wonder if the health authorities will try to put a halt to the games?
Here’s one of the few new necklaces I made yesterday with a hint of blue. Inspired by my longing for…for winter!
USD17 only on http://cherbie.etsy.com
Going to make more ice now. Laters.