The bump at 26wks 5 days. Who’s the fattie!?!
All right, so my earlier, first trimester posts about my physical well being have been mostly negative…and thank God the horrible morning sickness passed at around 16 weeks. You hear about women who rave about how much they enjoy being preggers and wonder “who are these weirdos?!” and doubt their claims. Whilst I haven’t been those lucky women who can say I thoroughly enjoy every moment of my pregnancy, I want to share the positives from being preggers:
- skin — I have NEVER EVER been one with clear, acne free skin. I battled with bad skin even up until my mid 20s…and it was only in the last 3 months that my skin really cleared up — naturally. I’m told I’m “glowing” which to some may think “oily” skin tone, but really, my skin has been the most well-balanced it has EVER been. I can’t tell you how awesome this feels, to not have to be self conscious about dermatology!
- boobs — I have finally graduated – albeit temporarily – from having a chest like a tweenie to that of a woman. Size xs tube tops and strapless bras are not falling off me, yay!
- random people striking up conversations with you so you don’t have to do the work to make the first move — I’m not a natural conversation initiator. I blame my Asian background; not really, I just aint the most extroverted person, although sometimes at dinner parties or in a store, I wish I could just strike up conversations with people easily. And since becoming preggers, I’ve found people coming up to ME asking about my pregnancy. Which is great, because I am a good replier and can take a conversation from there…
- people giving up their seats for you on public transportation — hey, I will not reject those offers!
- back massages from the husband — this has been Bry’s biggest and best contribution to my well-being. The poor boy has to help me pound out the aches in my lower back almost every night. Most days, he just offers to do it for me, and my heart still melts whenever he does that (my hormones are still a bit crazy, so I tear or get emotional over everything and anything!!). I definitely love receiving them especially after a busy day at work: thank you so much, Bry!
As for negatives…I’ve experienced a range of discomforts some days more than others, but I’ll leave that for another post coz I wanna just bask in this glow for a while!